Thursday, January 25, 2007

Why this blog

I've been writing this blog for a few days now and I haven't really explained why I was doing so, even if you probably have a good idea.

I started writing this blog when we had really hot temperature in the first weeks of January (higher than 10 degrees celcius). Some people will say it's just random, others will say it's too late to do anything (see my previous message). But then, I thought that those two extremes were completely ridiculous! The best we can do, isn't it to prevent the worst instead of fighting it?

I personally try to do more and more to save our environment. Of course, we can't do everything in apartment, like change for electric thermostats, but it is so easy, for example, to change every light for fluo-compact lights our simply use less hot water!

Sadly, too many people think in the two extremes, or just don't know about the problem.

I strongly believe in one thing, (mostly since our ethics [moral & law] course at Polytechnique university), and it's sensitization. We all have the strength to change the public opinion. Our family, our friends, our neighbors, and even more with the Internet. Recently, I started working full-time and almost everyday, like you can see in my previous blogs, someone would talk about another choking and depressing report (thanks JS ;)). A nice drepressing week... BUT! This is what encouraged me to continue this blog, to learn more about the problem and to encourage people around me to read my blog, listen and read the different reports and also get involved in a similar way.

So, if ever you find other reports for my blog, or if you want to give your opinion, don't hesitate to add a comment to the blogs or send me an email at:

j f p e r u s s e (hat) g_m_a_i_l (point) "c-o-m".

[I hope the stupid bots won't understand that one ;)]

Sanctus Animus

No comments: